My photo
is an Athens, Georgia based boutique, production company dedicated to producing award winning Documentaries, Fictional Films, Commercial productions, and Music Videos. We take extreme pride in our work often going the extra mile to deliver you a product you can be proud of. We produce projects in High Definition, Standard Definition, and Film. Please contact us at 202.421.6093 or info@plumgoodproductions.com

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Sit-In Re-enactment

Today we had fun re-enacting a 60's Civil Rights Sit-In protest. I shot many different formats on this shoot. I shot 8mm film, HiDef with my Sony EX-1, digital stills, and actual film photography. Yes I used film. It's not used that much anymore but you can't beat its organic feel.

The shoot was located at the Parkette Drive-In in Lexington, Kentucky. Owner Randy Kaplan allowed the shoot to take place in his newly remodeled diner. It's a very lovely 50's styled diner filled with that era's ambiance. Oh and by the way the food is great too. Randy was very helpful and I would like to thank him again for all of his support and opening it for us on a Sunday.

All of the actors for the shoot were local to the Lexington area. I personally would like to thank them again for coming out on a rainy day and again thank them for their wonderful performances. My motto is, "all roles are important" and so was this cast.

Thanks again to Crutcher, Dana, Tina, Andy, Corrie, Matt, Toby, and Kody. Also a special thanks to my P.A. for the day Andrea.

All and all the shoot went well and we got in and out pretty
quickly.

Great job everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment