My photo
is an Athens, Georgia based boutique, production company dedicated to producing award winning Documentaries, Fictional Films, Commercial productions, and Music Videos. We take extreme pride in our work often going the extra mile to deliver you a product you can be proud of. We produce projects in High Definition, Standard Definition, and Film. Please contact us at 202.421.6093 or info@plumgoodproductions.com

Monday, March 1, 2010

Super 8 on "Before the Memories Fade" documentary.













I was searching for the right fit aesthetically for my 6'0s era documentary, "Before the Memories Fade, Voices from the Civil Rights Movement." I found that match when I made my decision to shoot Super 8 mm film for B camera footage and reenactments for the documentary feature.

Production on this documentary film began in May 2009. Since then I have been traveling the country taping interviews with 60's Civil Rights Movement participants.

Technically speaking, the Super 8 footage will be scanned and transferred to high definition to keep the integrity of the footage and to match the film's 1080 format. All of the film's interviews have been shot with a Sony EX-1 at 1080, 30 fps.

I believe the Super 8 footage will give the film the style and texture that I've been looking for to portray the 60's era. It's definitely the right tool for the job. The transfer to HD really gives you a beautiful image. It's going to surprise you! I believe the new film stocks and transfer techniques combined with the sparse use of Super 8 will add a nice bit of character to the film. Hopefully, people will take notice and Super 8 will make a splash in my future commercial work.
In addition to using the Classic Pro 4008 Super 8 camera with a 1.8 6-66 mm lens, I will employ the use of a C-mount adapter to use several of my Nikon lenses for the film. I think the Super 8 will enable the audience to travel back to the 60's era. This is really going to be fun!

Reenactments for the film will begin production in March 2010. The film "Before the Memories Fade, Voices from the Civil Rights Movement" will be screened in Fall 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment