My photo
is an Athens, Georgia based boutique, production company dedicated to producing award winning Documentaries, Fictional Films, Commercial productions, and Music Videos. We take extreme pride in our work often going the extra mile to deliver you a product you can be proud of. We produce projects in High Definition, Standard Definition, and Film. Please contact us at 202.421.6093 or info@plumgoodproductions.com

Thursday, April 29, 2010

WVLK Radio interview on "Before the Memories Fade" documentary.

Today I was interviewed live on the radio station WVLK 590am in Lexington, Kentucky. I was interviewed by radio jock Dave Kesling from noon until 1pm. This was the first time that I've done an hour long interview and it was a great experience. Dave was great! The interview had an easy flow.

We started the interview off by talking about how I got into the news business and my different experiences working for Washington, D.C. news bureaus. I talked about covering
events from President George Bush Sr. through President Clinton and six years of President George W. Bush. I told the audience that the news days helped to prepare me to do documentaries.

The final half hour was spent on my current documentary movie, Before the Memories Fade, Voices from the Civil Rights Movement. I explained how I came up with the idea for the movie and why I feel a movie of this caliber should be made and is needed. We also covered topics such as my interviews with Dr. Benjamin Hooks and Dr. Dorothy Height. I stressed again that recording this history is immensely important as we marked the passing of both icons a week apart. One of the news updates during the show was President Obama speaking at Dr. Height's funeral.
That's why this is important people need to
hear what it was like from the people who lived during that period in history. The movement was more than four days in in the 60s and it's important to remember what people went through.

The interview even had a question and answer period and I tried to be as informative as I could.
All in all it was a very good experience and I can't wait to do more. It's now time to put the word out on the project!

No comments:

Post a Comment